"I started working with Ambika in the fall of 2007 when she joined our development team. Through her sharp, insightful intelligence, natural talent for identifying good stories, and unparalleled work ethic, she quickly moved her up to Development Executive by the beginning of 2008. Her ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and personalities with grace and ease still astounds me. I have truly never seen anyone work so hard and care so much about every last detail, no matter how small. She is a classic go-getter who thinks outside the box. When I am stuck on what to do with a script, I know I can turn to Ambika for honest, astute guidance. She is just relentlessly good at everything she does, and has enormous potential to take this town by storm."
Upon graduating from the Los Angeles Film School in 2010 with a focus in directing, Ambika received the “Woman to Watch” Award from Women in Media. She is listed on The Director List, and is a member of Film Independent, Women in Film, Alliance of Women Directors and We Make Movies. She is also an Adobe Certified Expert on Premiere Pro CC 2015.
A lover of all things imaginative, bold and meaningful, Ambika aims to create art and entertainment that inspires people to understand more fully who they are and, ultimately, to take action in the world based on this knowing. Perhaps most importantly, however, she has no cavities, never wears shoes in her house and LOVES avocados.
AMBIKA LEIGH is a multi-talented content creator and award-winning filmmaker, who has worked primarily as a producer, editor and director (which she secretly believes can be called a "prodreditor" - it just sounds cool). With a varied and thorough industry resume building since 2005, Ambika possesses a strong and innate sense of the entire filmmaking process, making her a bright independent force on the Hollywood scene, where she currently resides and operates her budding company, On Purpose Pictures. OPP is a small media operation with a big vision and many well-connected tentacles that enjoys taking projects of all kinds, as she likes to say, from “writ to wrought”.
Some career highlights (in no particular order) include:
- Designed and led 40 filmmakers in making a feature film through a 4 week film school program at Nu Boyana Film Studios in Bulgaria
- Selected for DirecTV’s 2011 3D Invitational with Panasonic and Technicolor to direct and edit a short 3D film for their n3D TV channel
- Created over 30 promo videos for Bard College at Simon's Rock and their complete website overhaul
- Edited and collaborated with longtime Film & Television Director Stephen Gyllenhaal on several projects, including editing
hours of archival footage for a feature film about the Kennedy Assassination
- Produced & Directed 13 1-hour live internet broadcasts (“Derby Talk”) with 2012 Emmy nominees for GoldDerby.com & Sony Pictures Ent.
- Instructor of Post-Production Workflow for RED Digital Cinema camera company
- Produced, Directed & Edited over 30 hours of cinematic yoga and fitness content for Yariv Lerner/Udaya Entertainment
- Developed & managed a media company & led Film/TV development team with Academy-Award winning producer Mark R. Harris
- Produced a national PBS special featuring Michael Beckwith and Will.I.Am at the Nokia Theater
- Produced a music video for India.Arie and Elevate Films, featuring Malcolm Jamal-Warner
- Worked as a department head coordinating Continuity across every department on Apple commercials for The Cronenweth brother’s company
"I can't say enough about Ambika Leigh. In my experience working with her as a writer, director and producer, she was phenomenal in all areas. Her writing is concise, insightful and deeply layered. Her direction is precise, enlightening and inspiring. Her producing skills are superb as she not only hires the right people for each department, but is a trusted leader for all, resulting in a finished product of which everyone involved is extremely proud.
“Ambika Leigh is a master of all aspects of video production – content and talent organization, editing, shooting, etc. – but she truly excels at team management. When she creates a project team, she fuels them with passion, vision – and fun.”
"Ambika is a truly skilled and dedicated filmmaker. Already she has helped me beyond words (after all a picture is worth a thousand words) as an editor with a director's eye, creating pieces that captured powerful emotions and concise information. I know no one who works harder or with more precision and creativity. Her grasp of the continually changing technical capabilities of film/video are impressive and her style of cutting and story-telling are poetic. I count myself extremely lucky to have worked with her and you will too. I’m looking forward to continuing to work with her."
FROM WRIT TO WROUGHT.
If you notice any mistakes or bad links or just think you can help me make this site better - please let me know!
If you have any difficulty seeing or playing videos on this site, please make sure you have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player.
Copyright 2015. Ambika Leigh and On Purpose Pictures. All rights reserved.
VISIT ME ELSEWHERE: